Ultramax FRE 46
A synthetic ester based fire resistant biodegradable HFDU type hydraulic fluid
Product code: H203
Ultramax FRE 46 is a synthetic ester fire resistant (HFDU type) hydraulic fluid designed to replace anti-wear, mineral
oil based hydraulic oils used in fire hazardous and environmentally sensitive hydraulic applications without
compromising overall hydraulic system operation.
Ultramax FRE 46 is based on a high purity, synthetic ester and fortified with carefully selected additives to achieve
excellent hydraulic fluid performance. It does not contain water, mineral oil or phosphate ester.
• Self-extinguishing properties limit the spread of fire
• Non-toxic, non-irritating and contains no hazardous ingredients
• Readily biodegradable and non-toxic to aquatic life
• Offers equivalent lubrication of premium grade anti-wear hydraulic oils
• High levels of oxidation resistance to prolong fluid life
• Low pour point
• High viscosity index ensures suitability over a wide temperature range
• Compatible with mineral oil and vegetable oil based hydraulic fluids
Ultramax FRE 46 is suitable for a wide range of industrial applications where there is a fire risk, where there is
environmental sensitivity and/or where extremes of ambient temperatures prevail. Ultramax FRE 46 can be used
wherever an ISO 46 HFDU fluid is called for.
• ISO 15380 HEES
• Denison HF-2, HF-6
• Meets the requirements of standards OECD 201, 202 & 203 for ecotoxicity and OECD 301B for
• ISO 6743-4 HFDU